Fannin County Development Authority has been selected to participate in TVA’s new Remote Work Ready Pilot Program. The program, developed by TVA Economic Development, in partnership with FlexJobs, is designed to connect residents with additional remote work job opportunities and assist communities in diversifying their economic development strategy.
The initiative provides the FCDA with free FlexJobs memberships, which offer such benefits as:
- A search feature to explore “vetted” jobs of potential interest in 50+ career fields;
- More than 170 jobs skills tests that can be taken limitless times to showcase/improve career abilities;
- Webinars with career experts and hiring managers to help in job searches;
- Special notification for early registration to members-only access FlexJobs Virtual Job Fairs, hiring events and special employer spotlight webinars;
- Alert emails that match remote and flexible jobs related to a member’s profile; and
- A personal dashboard to help stay organized, motivated, and educated.
If you are interested in applying for a membership, please reach out to Christie Gribble at 706-632-4450 or visit https://fannindevelopment.com/job-board/ (there is an application form available at the top of this webpage).
“A community’s ability to adapt to changing workforce needs is critical in the ever-evolving world of economic development. Understanding that remote work can provide opportunities for a community to build its talent pipeline can really be impactful to economic success, and TVA is proud to continue to provide innovative solutions for job opportunities in the Valley,” said John Bradley, TVA Senior Vice President of Economic Development.
As always, it is a pleasure to work with TVA’s Economic Development team, and we are honored to be chosen to participate in this pilot program. My hope is that we can support some of our residents who have skill sets that would be suited for remote work.
FlexJobs is a premium online job service for professionals seeking flexible work, specializing in full-time and part-time remote jobs, employee and freelance jobs, and on-site jobs with flexible, part-time, and alternative schedules. Since its start in 2007, FlexJobs has helped more than 4 million people in their job searches and has created the largest vetted database of legitimate flexible job opportunities in over 50 career categories. In addition, FlexJobs provides robust career support, including curated expert resources and career coaching services, to partner with job seekers in all phases of their journey.