The AmeriCorps State member would provide 4-H positive youth development programming for our local Extension office, located in downtown Blue Ridge. This is a temporary, national service position (not a traditional employment position) requiring a one-year commitment. It is a direct service position that requires transport of youth and some night and weekend hours.
AmeriCorps members receive a variety of benefits:
- Monthly living allowance ($625)
- Education award ($3,097.50) upon successful completion of required hours (900 hours)
- Loan forbearance if eligible
- High School diploma or equivalent and valid driver’s license
- Experience providing youth development programming and a general knowledge of 4-H is preferred