Under general supervision, the instructor will be responsible for providing guidance and instruction necessary to prepare students with the technical competencies essential for entry level Culinary Arts positions. The instructor will perform all aspects of instruction for the Culinary Arts courses at Rabun County High School ; effectively use oral and written communication skills; and knowledge of current in-field procedures; complete all reports, records and invoices in a timely manner and maintains accurate inventory of all assigned properties; maintain qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Policy Manual and accreditation standards.
- Develops course outlines, goals and objectives
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for Culinary Arts Courses
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares required budget requests
- Assists fulltime college faculty in maintaining program accreditation requirements, as appropriate
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement effort
Location: RABUN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts OR Completion of a Culinary Apprenticeship Program AND Industry certification OR related work experience
- The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight.
- Work is typically performed with the employee sitting at a desk in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Full range of hand and finger motion is utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary/Benefits: Hourly Rate of Pay/No BenefitsApply