TAXES & INCENTIVES
Fannin County has a 7% sales tax.
– 3% local sales tax.
– 4% state sales tax.
All real and personal property in Fannin County is assessed at 40% of its total fair market value, and the millage rate is applied to the 40% value. The effective tax rate is per $1,000 of a property’s total fair market value. This rate applies to all land, buildings, machinery, equipment and inventory. For more information regarding tax rates and regulations, please contact the Fannin County Tax Assessors Office.
2016 Millage Rate:
– City of Blue Ridge: 5.772
– City of McCaysville: 5.000
– City of Morganton: 5.000
– Fannin County: 14.744 (includes school tax)
Freeport Tax Exemption:
Fannin County is a 100% Freeport Tax Exempt community. As a result, the following are exempt from state and local property tax:
(1) Inventory of goods in the process of being manufactured or produced including raw materials and partly finished goods.
(2) Inventory of finished goods manufactured or produced in Georgia held by the manufacturer or producer for a period not to exceed 12 months.
(3) Inventory of finished goods on January 1 that are stored in a warehouse, dock, or destined for shipment outside of Georgia for a period not to exceed 12 months.
Applications for inventory tax exemptions must be submitted by the first of April to the Fannin County Tax Assessors Office in order to be considered for eligibility.
Fannin County Tax Assessors
400 West Main Street, Suite 102
Blue Ridge, GA 30513